Thursday 13 October 2011

Latest news...

Yesterday I went to Bart's for a clinic appointment. I saw Dr. Smith (my consultant) who told me a number of not so great things. Firstly my bone marrow biopsy results were back and the Leukaemia has come back there too, which apparently is not uncommon. He reckon's that the chemotherapy I'm having will treat that as well though. They've also decided I'll have the bone marrow transplant as well. He said that realistically things didn't look great and that the result's for a cure aren't very high, but they are still treating me to cure me and there are a small minority of success stories.

But just as I was in the small minority concerning the FLT-3 result, I'm praying I'll be in the small minority again. It'll take another miracle to heal me!

I'm doing fine but please remember people in your prayers.

I'm reminded of the metaphor of God being a potter and we're in His hands - He can do anything with us.

Today I went back to Bart's again where they put a PICC line back in, in a slightly different place though and with the use of an ultrasound! That pretty much was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment