Monday 3 October 2011

What happened next??

Yesterday I travelled up to Bart's to find out what the plan would be. I had a blood test (and my blood's all fine! - Everything's in it's ranges, apart from the platelets which are a bit low, but they're always like that) and a bone marrow biopsy - done by Deo who's the 'king' nurse. He's very good and I was happy to let him practice!
I saw Dr. Smith too who told me what the plan would be. Firstly, I'll be at home for a bit so I can be fattened up a bit and hopefully recover too. I go to the clinic on Wednesday the 12th October with the view to admit me on Monday the 17th, so that's nice! When they admit me they want me to have 2 cycles of high dose cytarabin chemotherapy, the same as what I had last time, just a bit stronger, and probably a month of radiotherapy. All depending on how I respond to it I might have a transplant, I might not. They're going to look at it though.
The Dr said it'd be hard to treat, because the AML is clearly 'a bad boy' and is very vicious but they're treating me to cure me and it's do-able. I asked Deo if he knew of any success stories, and he does. He told me that Dr. Smith was right to say it's not easy but it is very very do-able! So that's good news!

I think that's all for a now! Thanks for your prayers and support everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment