Tuesday 6 December 2011

One week later

A week has passed since the last update and there's not a huge lot new.
My walking (still not perfect after the op) is improving quite a bit and I'm a lot less wobbly!

At the moment I'm neutropenic and pop over to the day unit every morning and afternoon for observations, blood test and check by a doctor. Two things have happened since I've been here. Firstly, I wasn't religious enough with my mouth washes and I got a soar mouth for which I was given more mouth washes and morphine, which I haven't had to use so will save it for a 'special time' (Not really - will hang on to it incase it ever comes in handy) and secondly I put my thumb in my pocket stabbing a key or something up my nail which has since got inflamed. I was worried that the infection might get really bad as I don't have anything to fight it with, but it hasn't got worse and am hoping it will stay that way.

I've had a couple of blood and platelet transfusions and I'm pretty tired, but they only transfuse blood when the Hb is 8 or below. Mine's just creeping down very slowly but is hovering around the 8.3 mark. Low enough for me to be tired but not low enough for a boost. I'm hoping that the cause for it going down so slowly is that my counts may be recovering and will come up soon meaning I can go home.

Apparently I have an irregular heart beat too, although ECG scans show that everything is fine. So at some point I'm going to have a 24 hour ECG to see what's going on.

There's not really any other news right now. Just waiting...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt. This is Neil from Harpenden. I did a bit of teaching on FP in September. I have been following your blog and am provoked, challenged and inspired by it. I can't begin to understand how you are feeling or what you are going through. You may not feel this or believe it, but I see you as a giant in the faith. The whole of heaven looks down at you and are cheering you on. I see you as an athlete at the Olympics running the race of your life and there is a massive crowd applauding. I am praying for you that the Kingdom of heaven invades you on a daily basis. I look forward to meeting you again. Would love to pray for you in person. Don't know if this possible. Feel free to email at neil.chitty@bethanycc.org.uk Many blessing to you.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete