Tuesday 29 November 2011

Out of hospital!

On Thursday I was told that if my counts were good when I finished my chemo on the Sunday I would be able to go home. My blood test on Sunday morning showed that my counts were good, but...the pharmacy were closed and they hadn't done my medications, so I couldn't go home until last night.

The chemo this time round was a very high dose and worked out that if I were to start it in the morning I would have had the chemo every other day - but as I started it in the evening it wasn't quite like that. I ended up having a day of doing nothing but sleep and be sick and then a day of being fine and heading to the hostel over the road for the day. It was pretty horrible this time.

I'm so glad to be home and am just resting up. Had a visit to the beach this afternoon but on the whole I haven't done a huge deal.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to the day unit in Colchester to see if my blood counts have dropped below 0.5 meaning I'd have to head back up to Barts for a couple of weeks till they climb back up. I'm hoping I get a couple more days at home, but am not holding my breath. Either way I should be home in time for a Christmas at home! Unlike last year when we celebrated it in my hospital room - not quite the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment