Tuesday 15 November 2011

Round 1 down...

Yesterday I had a bone marrow biopsy in London which went well - it just aches a bit now! I'm hoping the results might be back tomorrow but I was told on the phone earlier that it could be longer. The results will show if I'm in remission or not. If I'm not in remission it'll mean that the chemo didn't work and didn't destroy the leukaemia cells and the future treatment plan will be very different. I don't know what it would look like. I'm praying I am in remission and I can carry on with treatment as planned.

Tomorrow morning I have an MRI scan followed by a clinic appointment ( chat with the consultant). After that I'm coming back home and will be readmitted (if all's going to plan) on Monday.

I'm about to go to Colchester hospital as I need to have antibiotics put in my PICC line every day for 10 days and then will go up to London and stay there over night in time for tomorrow morning.

Last Saturday I was very grateful to be given tickets to see England beat Spain at Wembley. Below are a couple of photos from the game.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the latest info Matt. We're continuing to pray! John & Sue K

    ReplyDelete