Saturday 2 April 2011

Very nearly the end.

I came out on Sunday afternoon feeling a bit washed out, but very happy that I wont be having chemo again! Over the last week I've been going into Colchester for blood tests and have been down to Tollesbury a couple of times. It's just been great to get out of hospital once and for all!
I had another blood test yesterday and my counts had dropped loads. Going with how it worked the last couple of times I thought I'd be going back to the hostel on Monday, especially since my levels were pretty good on Wednesday. But nothing's ever the same so I'm back in the hostel now without an immune system. Just hoping that I can go for a week without an infection!
I'm quite pleased that they've dropped quicker than last time as it means they'll come up quicker and I can get back to normality ASAP!
I've been over to the day unit this morning for a blood test and this afternoon I'll get a bag of platelets.
Will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
    With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” Psalm 91:14-16
    (Sarah)

    ReplyDelete