Saturday 26 March 2011

Last night in hospital

This is my final night in hospital! I'm currently hooked up to my penultimate bag of chemo - the final one being administered tomorrow morning. When that's finished I should be allowed home for a week or so until my counts drop again. Then I'm back in the hostel for the last time and then normal life will resume! Right now I'm pretty excited. It's like the light at the end of the tunnel is a couple of meters away (and that light isn't death, haha) Although, that's a light too...
Anyways...it's all gone pretty well this time round. I've gone out everyday this time. Have had numerous walks to the river, gone out for coffee's etc. Last night I managed to spike a temperature which was annoying (especially since I went for two rounds of chemo with no side effects) but that's settled down now. I have one more dose of antibiotics to take for that in the morning and then it's off home.
So, that's the latest update. The end is nigh!
Thanks for the continuing support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment