Wednesday 9 March 2011

Out again

On Sunday afternoon I was told that my neutriphils had gone up from 0.2 the previous day to 1.3 allowing me to go home.
Since then I've had a blood test, been sailing and today I attempted a day of work but only managed to keep going to lunchtime. Am a bit tired now but that could be due to a low hemoglobin level so I'm not worried.
It's just been good to be on the water again, do a bit of painting and get back to normality.
Tomorrow morning I have another routine blood test just to see how things are going and I may need a blood or platelet transfusion depending on those results.
My further plans for my time out of hospital (not at home because I've scarcely seen the place!) include working a bit more (if my body allows it - which I'm sure it will) going to Leeds at the weekend and whatever else may arise. I'll be going back into Barts next week for my bone marrow biopsy too, but that's not something majorly exciting...
So that's an update on me at the moment. I'm still infection free and things are going well! Life is very good! And God is even better! All this is down to his doing.
Will keep y'all posted!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really unfair that you got leukaemia :( you're really strong and i really admire you, and everyone else who is battling cancer.

    Keep fighting Matt & Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete