Tuesday 1 March 2011

The waiting game...

I had another blood test yesterday afternoon in Colchester which resulted in me coming up to Barts last night. Thankfully I'm in the hostel this time and not on a ward. All my levels were down and I needed a top-up of platelets. My neutrophills are down to 0 today so I'm going in every morning and afternoon for a blood test to see when they come back up! Hopefully it'll be by the weekend. I'm just trying to get through another period of not having an immune system without an infection! If that happens the doctors will be really confused. They said I was lucky not to get anything last time but that I would get something this time round. Well, so far so good. Only a few days to go and they'll be wrong! Maybe they'll wonder whether or not it's 'luck' or something bigger?
It's so nice to have the freedom of the hostel. I'm getting reading done and other such things. My aim is to finish 'crime and punishment' before my last load of chemo.
I'll be going back to have my observations done this afternoon and as soon as there's more news I'll update!
Thanks for your continuing support and prayers. Perhaps you could also remember 'D' in your prayers who is also undergoing cancer treatment and is going through a rough patch at the moment. Thanks! 

1 comment:

  1. They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

    I don't know why answers sometimes take so long and why God sometimes seems to hide Himself, (except for what we, and others learn through it), but I believe God is saying, "Wait on Me, Matt, be of good courage and I will strengthen your heart."

    ReplyDelete