Monday 24 January 2011

Exploring Barts!

The last couple of days have been quite interesting! A bit of a roller-coaster! 
I was under the impression that this round of chemo wasn't going to be as bad as last time; however, it's hit me quite a bit harder. Or the contrast to coming into hospital well and now not feeling that great has taken its toll. 
For the first few days I was sick and exhausted, but now I'm feeling a bit better. Tiredness is the main enemy right now, but I've found out that short naps throughout the day are very helpful!
It's irritating to not be able to do the things I'd love to be doing right now! Seeing what my friends are up to highlights what I'm missing out on. But I know that if all goes to plan I can return to do those things shortly. 
Last night I was just dropping off when a doctor came into my room. Was slightly surprised and worried at first, especially when he told me there was an emergency situation! But it was to do with another patient and not me. That was very relieving but meant that I had to move to a different bed in another part of the hospital (my room was designed for patients prone to infections - which I am not right now). So at midnight they wheeled me over to the old building. I again had a side room and a nice view over the city! Just now they moved me again to a newer ward where I have a massive room all to myself. It's rather nice!
Am over half way through my chemo - have two more days left! And then I'll return home for a couple of days until my immune system drops to 0. Then it will be another two to three weeks in hospital where I wait for my cell count to go up and hope and pray that I don't get an infection! 
That's about it for a now. Am going to head off to sleep.
I've had a look at the stats from this blog and am very surprised to see the interest it's receiving from all around the world. 
I am so grateful for all your thoughts, messages, cards, emails and prayers!
I'm battling on with God's strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment